google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: On Poop

Search This Blog

Thursday, July 2, 2009

On Poop

If you have some issue with reading about poop or pee, stand aside.

A few minutes ago Ginger pushed open the bathroom door, grabbed her shorts, and pointed to the toilet. Then she got very vocal and gestured again , so I took off her diaper. Too late - she'd pooped. Together we dumped the business in the toilet with great fanfare.

She continued to gesture at the toilet and so I figured, "eh, what the hell" and lifted her onto the seat. For a good three or four minutes she sat there (I held her arms) grunting and visibly trying to poop, but it was no go. She climbed off and I had her flush the toilet. On her own she waved to the flushing water and we said "bye bye poopie".

This marks Ginger's first time on the potty (eh, for all I know Lisa's had her shower and shaving already, but this is the first *Daddy* time). It also, to my knowledge, her first genuine interest in going to the toilet. Usually she'll just bring you a diaper, put it in your hands, and lay down on the floor with a look that says "change me slave".

Maybe we're almost out of the diaper era - but I doubt it.

* * * *

I got the kids awake, dressed, and out the door in time to get LuLu to class. I put her hair in a ponytail, but I'm afraid it wasn't very good. I can do the basics of girl hair if it's straight, but this curly business is for the birds. Thank God I married a Nordic/German with stick straight hair, because I'd hate to deal with this on a daily basis.

After that I bought a paper to see myself in print, gave my sister a ride to my Mom's, and took the kids grocery shopping.

So far so good, but we're only four hours into this thing. Fingers crossed people, fingers crossed.

1 comment:

Bridgett said...

Yay Ginger!!!

Definitely sounds like a step in the right direction as far as potty training.

And Dan, sounds like you're doing a fine job. :)

XOXO