google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: YaYa Update

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 2, 2006

YaYa Update

I think I mentioned UWM's College for Kids in a previous post. YaYa wrapped up her second session, a two week class entitled Musical Madness, with a performance of a children's musical, held in one of the university's theaters in front of about 50 people.

Now we'd assumed that was just a cutesy title for a musical appreciation class, but the whole gig involved prepping for the musical.

Here's what blew me away. Before the show, the kids had a chance to stand up and perform solo.

YaYa stood up and sang "Somewhere over the Rainbow" - acapella. She coulda had music, but chose instead to keep her song a surprise. :)

I wouldn't have had the ba**s to do that at age 4. Heck, I wouldn't have the guts now.

Parker and I in the audience

Oh, her big line from the actual show: "It's goofy dance time!"

Afterwards I kept a promise to return to Downers Woods and see 'Eeyore's House' with her.

YaYa displays an interesting combination of talents and interests. She LOVES performing, be it singing, dancing, or doing that radio commercial for my work. But she also loves science and bugs, creepy crawlers and science in general.

Maybe she'll be the Bill Nye The Science Guy for the 2030's.

Oh, here's a SPECTACULAR drawing she did on a dry erase board. When I first saw it I assumed my wife had done it in 'kid style', not our four year old daughter. But nope, it's all her:

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Where is Downers Woods and see 'Eeyore's house, is it for real, or something you thought of, Jeanne