google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: On how I'm nothing more than a means of transportation and amusement for the kids

Search This Blog

Monday, March 10, 2008

On how I'm nothing more than a means of transportation and amusement for the kids

At my house there are two inescapable truths:

A) there is nothing so irresistible for use as a trampoline/jungle gym as a Daddy lying on the floor and B) I am nothing but a mule designed to transport the kids from one floor to another.

Here are some examples from Smiley's party of this second point. Please disregard my increasingly bothersome baldspot, which continues to bother me to an insane degree.

In these shots I was ambushed by a bushel of 'em, and proceeded to do some squats, tossing them about to their amusement.

I don't know why, but when I flipped this next pic 'right side up' it looked odd, so here's the sideways version.

This is what they refer to as being my 'necklace'.

And a final shot (I wasn't glum - 'twas just the moment) of a typical 'carry me upstairs to bed pose'. For some reason they like to be carried to bed like a sack of wheat.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You will remember these moments, such fun

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

 How cute.

                      Julie

Anonymous said...

LOL...and have you noticed that girls are worse than boys about it?!  :)  good times.

~Bernadette

Anonymous said...

I think that would have to be my worst nightmare - looking after twelve kids!
By the look of things you and Lisa had no such qualms. Seems you coped admirably. Well done.

B.