google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Easter Egg Dyeing - 2007 ???

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Easter Egg Dyeing - 2007 ???

                                                   

Graphic borrowed from My Extremely Simple Life. Stop by and say hello! 

Yup, you read it right! It's time to make up for lost time. The massive renovations we did to our 1892 home before moving in last April meant I didn't have much time to *properly* post in 2007.

Even so, we stuck to our traditions. Even though we still hadn't had time to put up curtains in every room, we went ahead and did our annual Easter egg dyeing on Good Friday. All the kids we knew were invited - nieces, nephews, friend's kids - as they had been every year since '96 or '97.

The girl in the middle is our niece/Goddaughter.

Smiley was very tired and missed most of the fun.

Lisa's friend Chris brought her kids and nephews too

Chris' brother had helped remodel our house, and I think it made the boys proud to see what their Dad had accomplished.

I include this next pic with no idea of what Easter orientated activity is going on:

You know, I looked high and low for a 2007 pic of my nephew, the original inspiration for the tradition, but there are none; funny, I chastisted him this year for missing the event for the first time. Did he miss last year too?

Here's his sister, my other niece.

And now back to the stars of the show:

I recall being amazed how smoothly and quickly it all went, compared to any number of the previous years. Lisa was quick to point out a lot of the kids were now older, and there were a greater number of kids participating then in say, 1997, four years before our oldest was born.

And the final results, to be divided among the families involved:

A great tradition, one I hope we keep up with the grandkids (and great-grandkids) some day.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like they had fun :o)

Jenny

http://journals.aol.co.uk/Jmoqueen/MyLife

Anonymous said...

Great photo's.  You can see the fun in their eyes (and the wheels spinning).  Looks like fun...but just wait until you have grandkids and g/grandkids...you may feel differently about this tradition...LOL.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

 What colorful eggs.  I think this was the first year we didn't color eggs, how sad.  

                 Julie

Anonymous said...

Love it.  We do one for each family member (pets included): immediate, all sets of grandparents, Jesus.  Mine are getting older now, so I'm relishing in every moment (as I always have...only more, 'cause I know these times are dwindling). ;)  C.