google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: How Lump spent her birthday

Search This Blog

Thursday, August 7, 2008

How Lump spent her birthday

As luck would have it Lisa and a friend had planned a family trip to Six Flags Great America for this very day. No significance was attached to the date at the time; rather it was decided by the fact that 'this Thursday' calendars were clear. I say 'clear' even though I had to work, because I was more than happy to pass on the amusement park.

"Should we cancel?" Lisa asked. No, I said. Take the kids and have fun. Her party's on Sunday anyhow.

It was only when I promised to do something special with the Lump that Lisa gave the 'ok' to the trip, thereby saving us hours of screaming from the rest of the pack.

So after work, with the rest of the family down in Gurnee, I took off of work early for a doctor's appointment then hitched a ride from my sister over to my in-law's, where I was planning to take the Lump swimming (truly a rarity for me - I tend to avoid pools and water of late). I say 'hitched' a ride because our friend had borrowed my car for the trip to IL.

We walked from my Mother-in-law's apartment to the pool only to find it closed for 'bacteria'. So we just sat around and enjoyed the sun and grass around the pool deck. I dang near fell asleep in a pool chair myself.

She's got 12 teeth now and looks so big. Sadly, her 'baby' days are slipping away.

Then we went back to her apartment where we grilled hamburgers, sang 'happy birthday' to the gal, and ate some teeny-tiny cupcakes.

Then it was home to crawl around and get into trouble for awhile before going to bed. Any minute now Lisa and the kids will return and she'll get her birthday kisses from Mommy.

Our party, as I said, is this Sunday, so be prepared for a barrage of family posts over the weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

She's a cutie.  I think she had a great time with Dad.  One on one time.  Nothing like it.  Looking forward to Sunday's photo's.
Joyce

Anonymous said...

What a sweet, chocolate covered face.  Happy Birthday, Lump.  
                                                                                       :)  Leigh

Anonymous said...

Love the pictures and she looks like she had a good time....

Jeanne

Anonymous said...

 She is so cute.  I bet her day with Dad was better then the pool anyway.


                Julie

Anonymous said...

A happy birthday to Lump, glad you were not subjected to the amusement park :o)