google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Doctor Who

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Doctor Who

Thanks to a heads-up from my Mom, I've rediscovered Dr. Who, THE GREATEST sci-fi show of all time.

When I was a kid the local PBS affiliate broadcast every existing episode in order, from the 1963 premiere on for years, each weeknight at 10 p.m. It was a nightly ritual for me and my long-suffering Grandma.

It went off the air in England in the late '80's, then came back in the new century.

Sci-Fi airs new episodes each Friday; the local PBS station now plays epiodes a few years older on Saturday nights.

Naturally, my wife thinks I'm a dork.

As for the Doctor's  . . Chris Eckelston, Doctor #9, doesn't do much for me. He's all herky-jerky expressions mingled in with dark monologues . . a little too much for me.

Doctor #10 David Tenant ROCKS. He's the perfect mix of whimsy and sarcasm, innocence and naughtiness. He's right up there - dare I say it - with the Jon Pertwee version of the Doctor.

No comments: