google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: The Last Great Game by Gene Wojiechowski

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 2, 2012

The Last Great Game by Gene Wojiechowski

During a veeeerrry long wait at the Dr's office today I finished reading " The Last Great Game by Gene Wojciechowski. It's the story of the monumental Duke/Kentucky match-up in the 1992 Elite Eight. It's a joy to read, very similar in scope and style to "Game Six" (one of my favorite books of the last few yrs). 

I'll forever remember watching that game live on TV in '92. I was crushed when Duke went down w/ 2.1 seconds left in overtime - and screaming with joy when Laettner sank "The Shot" to win it for the Blue Devils. I loved that team. Hurley, Hill, Laettner, Coach K. It was good to revisit them in their prime, and to learn the background of that ferocious KY team. 

Recommended for sports fans. Grade: A.

No comments: