google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Gary's Mom's Burgers

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Gary's Mom's Burgers

~30 years ago I had a grade school assignment that involved telling the class how to do something, step by step. My classmate Gary Michalski repeated his Mom's recipe for baking hamburgers in the oven, and as a kid I thought that was so unheard of that it's stuck with me to this day. Fast fwd to yesterday, when I was pressed for time and had six mouths to feed. When that anecdote popped into my head for the zillioneth time I said WTH and tossed a dozen burgers in the oven. Half an hour later, with no fuss, no muss, and very little cleanup we sat down for dinner. The lesson? Gary's Mom knew her s**t, and all props to them both.

No comments: