google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: My Thoughts

Search This Blog

Monday, September 16, 2013

My Thoughts

Absolutely no disrespect to the kid who walked into the Greenfield police station and donated his hard earned $10 in change - great story and  his heart's in the right place -  but where were his parents? Sure, no matter where it goes ten bucks isn't going to move mountains, but if one of my kids wanted to do something like that I'd gently direct them to donate the money where it could do some real good for the community, like the food bank, homeless shelter, etc. Use the moment to educate them about where they can make a difference in the world, even at their age.  Letting your kid walk into a police station and hand over his allowance  seems . . .well, I've leave it at that.

No comments: