google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Smiley Quits Dance

Search This Blog

Monday, September 26, 2016

Smiley Quits Dance

Smiley has asked to quit dance and Lisa has acquiesced. I am in mourning. I don't raise quitters. I'm hoping he changes his mind.

[in response to a comment saying to let the kid do what he wants] That's entirely , fundamentally incorrect. If you only did what a kid wanted to do they'd do nothing all day but sit and watch TV - no school ,no extracurricular, no chores.

I'm in between on this.... Kids must be forced to do things they don't want to do, because they will grow up and have to do things they don't want to do all the time, better to get them used to it. But, I think his disinterest and ill feelings on dance has been growing stronger and therefore more legitimate and we need to support his decision. Hopefully he'll find something else physical soon to keep up his health. - Lisa

No comments: