google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Emergency!

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 18, 2017

Emergency!

My favorite show as a youngster, although *I* called it "John and Roy" after the names of the two main characters. The first half hour featured the pair responding to a paramedic call (back in the days when paramedics rolled out alone, without the fire truck), and the second half of each show typically had them fighting a fire. 

I loved it. I had a black toy firefighter helmet (with an Emergency! logo if I remember right) and my Little Grandma fashioned an "oxygen tank" to strap on my back from a plastic bread bag stuffed with newspaper and tied with string. Great memories!



The dedicated members of Squad 51 of the Los Angeles County Fire Department's newly created Paramedical Rescue Service take on a series of life-or-death challenges in this drama filmed in semi-documentary style. Partners John Gage and Roy DeSoto put their lives on the line to save people from all sorts of mishaps - IMDB



No comments: