google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: YaYa's Stiches

Search This Blog

Saturday, June 28, 2008

YaYa's Stiches

Friday, in the midst of that fax fiasco, my wife called to tell me that YaYa had fallen off her bike and might need 'one or two' stitches on her chin. It turns out she needed four.

Not counting surgical stitches, she now has had way more stitches I've ever needed. And it's not her first set of stitches either. Easter Sunday of '04 or '05 she fell down my Mom's front steps and needed multiple stitches above her eyebrow, sticking her tongue out at the doc as he did it. As with that time, she went through it Friday without tears or complaint, which is more than I did with my stiches of two years ago :)

However she is angry that their location makes it look like she has 'whiskers'.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

my youngest daughter had a similar mishap when she was around 4. She fell asleep while the doctor was putting in the stitches. The scar has moved to the under side of the chin since it first happened.  Hope Yaya's heals fast.  Estela

Anonymous said...

Poor YaYa  I hope that the stitches don't leave any permenant scars !!
It has not been quite your week at work has it...ner mind there's a new one comming up !!  Love sybil x

Anonymous said...

I was a tomboy growing up and earned quite a few stitches to show for it. My daughter however went her entire life without a broken bone or stitches (I'm amazed myself) until she left home. Since then she has been in a car accident and had multiple stitches in the inside of her lip, and a fractured wrist. Add to that list 2nd, some places 3rd degree sunburn and two dislocated thumbs. Poor kid hasn't had alot of luck since leaving home. Sorry to hear about Ya-Ya's fall. I have a faint scar in the same place on my chin. I had to laugh at her worrying they looked like whiskers. (Hugs)Indigo

Anonymous said...

Poor thing, but she's still a cutie!!

Joann
http://journals.aol.com/preciousone25/JoannsWeightLossJourney/

Anonymous said...

I had one like her.  Always hurting something that required the ER.  Parenting is so much fun huh?
Joyce

Anonymous said...

Yaya, I sympathize. You must have been very brave. My daughter was so strong and wouldn't lay still (when we took her to stitch up the toes she had cut on the bed frame) that 4 adults and a teenager had to practically sit on her.
;^) Jan the Gryphon

Anonymous said...

6/6/08 -- How is Yaya doing with her banged up chin? When the stiches are out and all the scabbing falls off, you might want to invest in a scar prevention medication (aka "diminishing lotion") like Activon or ScarZone. If your family is prone to keloids, it will help.

;^) Jan the Gryphon