google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Parker Update

Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Parker Update

I hope to do a full post later (yeah, right!) but a quick update on my in-house Maker of Trouble and Mayhem:

We took him to the ear doctor and his left eardrum did not vibrate, a sign of potential fluid behind the ear. He was also placed in a soundproof room (on Lisa's lap) where he responded to different audio frequencies coming from speakers around the room. On low pitches to his right he did not flinch or respond at all. He scored a 20, which is the minimum for 'effective' hearing, but it was an average based on some high scores mixed in with some very low ones.

The results are inconclusive, in part because he was just coming off an ear infection. He'll be retested again after three weeks.

* * * *

YaYa and Lu got their report cards today, and not a black mark or below average assesment on them! (admission: Lu actually had one, related to her speech development. But since her lisp is not her fault and we intend to ask about speech therapy, I do not consider it a mark against her on the report).

Their school photos came in too - I'll try to scan and post them at a later date.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yep, my niece always has tons of wax in her ears & they would clean them out & then they did the same test with her (little teddy bears drumming in a corner etc) and she was borderline but she had just gotten them cleaned out so...she just got her tonsils & annoids (sp) out this summer. When they get this infection & fluid cleared up things can improve. Heck, half the time I go in & they say I have fluid in my ears also. One time I bent over & heard WHOOSH & then I could hear better! HA!