google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: On Pearl Jam going too far

Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 15, 2018

On Pearl Jam going too far

I'm aware of Pearl Jam's violent themed poster showing the White House in flames and the President dead on the ground (created at their own request).  It cost them my attendance in Chicago later this month, tho I am well aware that hurts me more than it does them. It is an unacceptable, juvenile and unpatriotic act that would draw my ire no matter what party was in office.

Let me be clear on another point: I've loved PJ since '91, and as with all celebrities, right and left, I've long ignored their political opinions. The ability to entertain doth not make you intellectually gifted. As much as I love Eddie Vedder, he's a high school dropout whose last "real" job was as a grocery bagger. Even as a senior in high school myself, I knew that wasn't the resume that screamed "all knowing sage."

No comments: