google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A Message from Lisa

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 4, 2019

A Message from Lisa

 So I’ve been dragging my feet on holiday prep and generally down-trodden and anxiety ridden about the upcoming holidays all together, but I feel it turning a corner. The ability of music to heal is powerful. Two of my favorite Christmas songs played back to back this morning...seconds after I dropped off the middle two and was alone (rare).

No other song makes my body, heart and soul react like “oh night divine”. Never have I heard the following lyrics and not had it affect me.
FALL ON YOUR KNEES
Oh hear the angels' voices
Oh night divine
O night when Christ was born
So I let the full reaction hit me as I was alone in the car. Rejoiced in every note, tears free flowing.
Then...another favorite, Mariah’s “All I want for Christmas”. First, broken down and humbled in gratitude then lifted up and tapping my toes in joy...all in a 7 minute span.
So, if you were feeling how I was...my hope for you is whatever has the power to lighten life’s load for you reveals itself to you today, or soon, so you can fully enjoy your holiday prep and celebration (however that looks for you). Life’s hard but it’s worth it! ❤️❤️❤️❤️
- Lisa

No comments: