google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Dinner out on Friday

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Dinner out on Friday

Friday night, after YaYa came home from the hospital and we braved driving in a downpour, we took all the kids and their cousin out for dinner.

Our original intention was to visit Shakey's one last time, because that morning we'd read in the paper that it was closing its doors. But most of Milwaukee read of it too, and the line was out the door, so I promised my wife we'd go when they opened in the morning if we could just go somewhere else that night.

We wound up at Baker's Square.

A good meal all the way around, with some memorable moments. LuLu had me take turns coloring with her - she'd do one spot, then I'd do one, etc, which was sweet.

YaYa wanted to play tic-tac-toe, and damned if she didn't legitimately beat me in the first 4 of 5 contests! Time and again I thank God I went to college.

Lump ate like a champ, and Smiley, who is now completely potty-trained (and all on his own too!) asked me to take him to the restroom. While we were in there he whipped it out and used the urinal and I was so proud I told a guy at the sink the news.

But when I got back to the table Lis informed that not only wasn't it his first time using a urinal, it was the only way he'd pee at school.

"Huh," I said. "Makes the pictures I took seem kinda inappropriate now, eh?"

Again, a very good time. Their cousin stayed overnight and predictably they all caused trouble rather than go to sleep, but give me credit where it's due. I am slowly becoming less of a pushover and got them separated and asleep in short order.

Before bed the kids all watched The Wizard of Oz (remember?). They do this crazy thing whenever they watch a movie, tv show, commercial, or whatever. They immediately assign a role to each other ("I'm the Tinman" "I'm Dorothy!" etc) and often fight over it as if it truly matters.

To flesh out her 'role' of Toto LuLu grabbed a Halloween costume from the basement.

Which Smiley later appropriated

Finally, here's Lump and her cousin

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aint these kids of your gorgeous...Glad you all hd such a good meal out without any drama's !!  Sybilx

Anonymous said...

Way to bring the movie to life, LuLu and Smiley!

Beth

Anonymous said...

I'm so bad. I'm just catching up on last weeks Editor picks and behold! There you are! Congrats and it looks like you are qucikly becoming the best loved Male in J-Land!

Mary