google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A Heck of a Blizzard

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

A Heck of a Blizzard

 When u can no longer distinguish the sidewalk from the street and lawn, & the wind sounds like a Hollywood sound effects team has set up shop outside ur window . . . Well, then it looks like this blizzard will live up to the hype after all

6 ft drifts down the length of my alley, 6-8 foot deep hills the length of the side street to my south, and quite literally the largest snow drift I've ever seen on the side of my house. I doubt we'll get the van out on the road until Friday at the earliest.




Taking a break from my 2nd round of shoveling in the alley. Noting the wonderful grammar of local anchors who in the course of a few minutes said "props to the city" and "don't go nowhere".




Listening to Iron Butterfly and sad that In-A-Gadda-Da-Vidi doesn't hold up as well if you're not 17 and/or stoned.

Bay Viewers - if anyone digs out and is on the road this evening, I would welcome a quick lift to either Walgreens or the grocery store. Thanks!



My Thoughts Exactly LuLu! - Lisa





We finally got out of the alley at a little after nine, after spending hours clawing a path to freedom. That . . . was a lot of snow to shovel. The worst part? My phone, which was in my coat pocket for one of the many soaking-wet rounds of shoveling, was damaged. It still works as a phone, but all the perks that made my life happier - FB, txt, aps, email - are a no-go.

No comments: