google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: When Tribal Sovereignty Challenges Democracy: American Indian Education and the Democratic Ideal

Search This Blog

Friday, December 9, 2011

When Tribal Sovereignty Challenges Democracy: American Indian Education and the Democratic Ideal

@ my Dad's request I read and offered my opinion on "When Tribal Sovereignty Challenges Democracy: American Indian Education and the Democratic Ideal" by K Tsianina Lomawaima & Teresa L McCarty [Amer. Educational Research Journal Summer 2002 V30 #2). I agree with the authors that tribal education is far below par and needs to change, but found much of the paper a simple recitation of ills. More time on proposed solutions might have been nice. In short, no different than most papers I read in Education.

No comments: