google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: 25 Years Ago

Search This Blog

Friday, October 11, 2013

25 Years Ago

On this day 25 years ago October 13, 1988: Vice President Bush debated with Michael Dukakis in Los Angeles, California. It's the moment when Dukakis sealed his doom by answering a hypothetical question about his wife's murder with all the passion of a zombie.

I've always thought his answer should have been this: 

"If it was my wife that was murdered? I would want the killer found, convicted, and executed that very day. I think I'd like to pull the switch myself. That's human nature. But we are a nation of laws for a reason. And I believe in those laws, and in this country, and I would defer my personal need for revenge, and put my trust in the system I am sword to uphold."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment without signing in if you like, but please leave your name in the comment. Thanks for reading!