google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Captain America: The Winter Soldier

Search This Blog

Sunday, April 6, 2014

Captain America: The Winter Soldier

 Ready to watch Captain America 2 with LuLu - at South Shore Cinema


update:


What did I think of Captain America: The Winter Soldier (with the caveat that I am predisposed against comic book movies from the get-go): I liked it. A lot. It's a solid movie that, with a few tweaks, would stand alone outside the Marvel universe, and bully for that. I don't understand the reflexive angst from the Right about the plot - is the audience SUPPOSED to value totalitarian control over freedom? Last time I checked, that wasn't a conservative value. Anyhow, the most important part was that Olivia loved it, Instagramming a selfie of us in our seats, cuddling up to me, and asking if I'd take her to see the third flick in the future. A nice way to spend the afternoon with one of my Centerpieces.

No comments: