google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Epcot with YaYa

Search This Blog

Monday, November 3, 2014

Epcot with YaYa

Boring "memory bookmark" post here. 

At Epcot YaYa and I stopped at the Coca-Cola exhibit, where a boy "tricked" me into trying the incredibly bitter Italian soda called Beverly. I was going to pretend it was yummy, but it was so awful I had to spit it out. Yuck. It's like their atoning for Fascism by punishing themselves with bad soda. 

Then it was on to the Japanese exhibit where we saw a drum performance and bought her kimono. I got some sushi but she refused to try it; however, a passerby humorously offered to try it instead.

At my insistence we watched a performance of "The Spirit of America"' where we saw a ledger accounting for 500 slaves  (I'll always remember the phrase "increase (in inventory) by birth"). I loved the bookstore next door btw but they wanted 900 for a framed autograph of Bush 41!

*I broke the clip on my pedometer squeezing into one of the chairs in the auditorium :(

I wanted fish and chips but it was legitimately cold as heck so we headed back. A guy came up to Yaya and asked her where she was from. He was bundled up and she was in shorts and a tank top. When she said Milwaukee he said "Ah, that explains what you're wearing. I'm from Florida and this is miserable for me"

A great time with a great girl. :)

No comments: