google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: My Thoughts

Search This Blog

Friday, June 19, 2015

My Thoughts

I don't understand why we can't grieve for the victims of the South Carlolina church shootings without instantly turning it political. 

On the left: I don't think the shooter will got off easy because he's white, and I don't think it's indicative of any societal flaw beyond our inability to identify a killer's soul before he earns the title. I don't think the Confederate flag had anything to do with it.

 On the right: It's idiotic to turn this into an argument for concealed carry. Even with this event, if you feel the need to carry a gun into Christ's home "for protection" you're practicing the wrong faith. And it's damn tacky for it to have been brought up in print already. 

Also, it is long past time to get rid of the vile Confederate flag. Not because it is or isn't racist, but because it is the flag of literal traitors to this nation. It should never have been allowed in the first place. What other nation would tolerate that slight for 150 years? 

To both: I haven't dug into the gun control aspect of this shooting, but if there's a glaring alarm that we missed before he got armed, then that's a hole that needs to be plugged and never re-opened.

No comments: