google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: The 2022 BVCC Food Pantry Walk

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 10, 2022

The 2022 BVCC Food Pantry Walk

So today was the annual 2.6 mile charity walk for the local food pantry.  While we were regular attendees at the event for years, we skipped it 2019 (Lisa and the kids had free tickets for Great America), then 2020 went ixnay because of that whole pandemic, and I don't even remember it being held last year.



Anywho, this year's walk was discovered at pretty much the last minute so Lu, Junie, and Lisa were AWOL at work, my friend Tre couldn't make it on short notice, and Smiley is 24 hours removed from minor leg surgery so he had to sit it out. Boo.

But Yaya and her boyfriend showed, and I was pleased to bring our two exchange students along!


Along the route I saw a baby snapping turtle on the sidewalk and we stopped for some pics before I carried it over to the edge of a nearby pond. 


Alas, twas not our most successful walk. It was a hot day, and newsflash for those of us new to having a shaved head:  hair insulates. It got mighty hot up top my noggin. 

Then Dem, who had not brought sneakers to the US and was walking in boots (my bad for not noticing before the walk) began to complain of pain in his feet and was visibly uncomfortable. So I called Smiley who came to pick him up, and Rebeca asked to go too soooo... that was it.

None-the-less, I'm glad we did it and I want to return next year 

No comments: