google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A Target Ad

Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 28, 2011

A Target Ad

Have you seen those commercials that follow a little girl's academic path? She's shown to be crazy for science & chemistry, is elected high school class president, wins on Jeopardy, graduates from college babbling medical-speak - and winds up as a pharmacist at Target. 

I know Target's trying to say "we've got the best and brightest" but to me it screams "Recession. Couldn't afford med school, so I got a job where I could. Sorry Ma." 

Geez, how depressing. Absolutely nothing against that profession - I'd be proud to have a kid take it up - but the emphasis on the commercial is on the girl's excellence and it certainly implies she was destined for the stars. I haven't seen that much wasted potential since I looked in the mirror this morning.

No comments: