google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A Dream

Search This Blog

Friday, November 23, 2012

A Dream

I had a spectacular (non-sexual) dream about . . . . Tommy Thompson. I was at a huge banquet, with a non-partisan crowd of maybe 1500 people. There was some issue, now lost to my memory, that was troubling the crowd, but no one was brave enough to voice their concerns. 

Then my Tommy stood up, dressed in a white shirt just like Smiley's. He started out by stating the obvious, that his political career was over in WI, but that that didn't change his love for the state. He went on to address this unremembered concern, laid into an honest and brutal assessment of Tammy Baldwin's inadequacy, and then, finally, hit the hot button issue on the table. 

"Do I think they did it?" [long pause, pained, regretful look, solemn sincere nod] "Yes. Yes, I think they did."

And with that the crowd rose to their feet, and WI once again took Tommy into their hearts. 

Said Lisa when I told her: "What kind of freak dreams about Tommy Thompson?"

No comments: