google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: In Which GusGus and Angel attempt a Breakout

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2012

In Which GusGus and Angel attempt a Breakout

Both cats object to the brand of cat food I bought recently and have turned feral, trying to grab table scraps and on lieu of that going on a hunger strike. Fine with me, ya picky buggers. BUT, they both bolted out the back door today and ran off. I found Angelcakes in the backyard but GusGus wandered into the neighbors yard. I had to corral him for a bit, and when it came down to it here was the pivotal moment: 

I was behind the shed alongside the porch when he appeared again on our porch. 
Seeing me he was ready to bolt, and so I acted immediately, vaulting up and over the side of the porch in a feat of athletic derring-do that I would judge impossible for a man my size. GusGus seemed equally stunned, and I got the $^#@  in my arms and back inside. Unfortunately, now every muscle in my body - all 8 of them - ache. 

And yes, I surrendered and bought them their normal fare.

No comments: