google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: A Flat Tire and Ineffective Service

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

A Flat Tire and Ineffective Service

My luck: blew a tire on the van and unable to change it with the hip. Waiting for roadside assistance.

So I'm stuck with a blown tire off its rim, a spare tire on the ground, and four of five lugnuts off. Just stuck. I look across the street, see an open sign in a crowded auto shop, and call them. They don't send people out as a rule, and are very busy, but I leverage my surgery and by golly they send a guy of normal, red-blooded American size, and he gets the last nut off eezy peezy. "Stripped" my ass. He then put the spare on for me. They charged me for the service, but not much, and I was glad to pay. 

As soon as I got home I called my insurance company and filed a complaint, slipping a little in my language at times, and telling them maybe they shouldn't contract with a company that employs runts to do a physical job. Small people SUCK. They agreed to reimburse me in full for what I paid to the garage, and allegedly will follow up with the service company. It's bigotry really, subconscious or not - someone sees a big strong guy and the level of help provided to them drops precipitously, even if he's (temporarily) crippled. Bulls*it it would have gone down like that if I was an old lady or even a runt of similar size. 

No comments: