google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2020

On my fb feed today was a mom article about how we need to stop saying “I’m fine”. We should live in our truth and communicate it so others feel safe enough to admit their feelings. So we don’t all feel like we’re on our own islands.

Scroll down a bit, “you must cut out negative, toxic people from your life”. Purge the negative people.
Hmmmm🤔 so which one is it? For me, you can feel safe to admit, you’re sad, you’re overwhelmed, you wanted to cut your man’s breakline or throat punch your teen. We’re good sis, been there. If you’re negativity starts becoming too much I’ll tell you, but my goal is to never to cut you out.
I recently made a new fb friend and we grew close quickly, his kindness and generosity were clear. However, his negative energy on his page and conflicting politics made me soon unfriend him. He died unexpectedly a week later. I don’t feel good about that. I want to be a soft place to fall even from those I don’t agree with. Before you cut ties, ask yourself if their unexpected death would bring you guilt. If it would, maybe just hide their posts, stop their notifications. Just an idea. - Lisa

No comments: