google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Island Jam

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Island Jam

A couple days ago Lisa, her friend and I visited Island Jam, a Caribbean restaurant in South Milwaukee. 

As you can see,  it is not a formal experience. There are few things Lisa detests more than eating with plastic utensils.  There are few things I detest more than being served a can of soda at restaurant prices. They had both. 

BUT  . . .

THE FOOD!

I'm not saying it was my favorite dish ever.  Caribbean fare isn't my go-to. But I can't deny that the jerk chicken was tender and flavorful, and the sides of rice and cabbage,  were plentiful and tasty.

(Other options: oxtail, goat, and plantains).

In short: buy the food,  but eat it as take-out.

No comments: