google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Usyk-Joshua 2

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 21, 2022

Usyk-Joshua 2


I sat down on my patio on this gorgeous August day, my two doggos underfoot, and watched the recent Uskyk-Joshua rematch for the heavyweight crown. 

Here's how I scored it. Honestly, I think I was a bit generous in giving Joshua anything but the 8th and 9th rounds. 



In real life, the official scorecards were 116-112  and 115-113 for the Ukrainian, and Glen Feldman, incredulously,  scored it 115-113 for Joshua. That man either needs glasses or some professional ethics. 

This fight will, however, be forever remembered not for the action in the ring, but for Anthony Joshua's childish reaction to losing. He tossed the belts out of the ring, told Usyk “You ain’t big, you ain’t skilled, you’re not strong, how did you beat me?”, then (apparently realizing how he much of a doofus he was being) he overcompensated with a long  complimentary speech. 

Cringe. 

Now, will we see Usyk-Fury? I don't know, but it would be a doozy. 



No comments: