google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: An Odd Call

Search This Blog

Friday, October 14, 2022

An Odd Call

Today at work I got call on my cell phone from Rodgers Memorial, a hospital known locally for its in-patient mental health facilities. 

It was a staff member saying a patient wanted to speak to me. They mentioned a name but in that moment - concerned that an unknown loved one had been admitted for a breakdown or God forbid a suicide attempt, I didn't let it register. 

I took my phone into the conference room for privacy.  In a moment a guy got on the phone and said hi. 

"Who's this?" I said. 

"Who are YOU?" he said, then giggled a freaky little laugh.

"You called me, dude."

More giggles.  "I just made up a number and they called it. What's your name?

And I hung up. 

Weird weird weird. 

No comments: