google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: The Menu

Search This Blog

Saturday, February 18, 2023

The Menu



A young couple travels to an isolated island to visit a very exclusive restaurant, where they will dine on the dishes of a dedicated, world famous Chef - but dinner doesn't go quite as planned when the Chef reveals his sinister new menu. 

I was legitimately surprised by how much I enjoyed watching The Menu. It was a genuine treat. 

 Until I actually saw the film I thought the trailer gave away 90% of the movie, but oops on me. It's not the most complicated plot - it moves from A to B to C in deliberate steps, but there's plenty of little goodies to surprise you along the way.  Thankfully, it never takes itself too seriously - enough not to fall into comedy, not so much as to make this a dull lecture on the human condition. 

It was fun. And really, that's more than enough. 

Grade: A

No comments: