google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Five Nights at Freddy's

Search This Blog

Thursday, November 16, 2023

Five Nights at Freddy's

 


I watched this recently on Peacock with Junie - Smiley and YaYa had already seen it in theaters - and to my surprise, I liked it. 

I don't know squat about the video game franchise it is based on, so if it violates some tenet of that game and you find my approval of the film blasphemous, well . . .ok.  

I guess that isn't quite true. I did watch the gawd awful Nic Cage 2021 knockoff Willy's Wonderland, which at least gave me the gist of the game's plot: a down and out security guard takes a job at an abandoned pizza parlor, where the murderous animatronic animal band comes to life. 

I assure you, this film is MUCH MUCH better than the copycat.

It is also only a PG-13, so it gives the audience its scares without resorting to abject gore, so kudos for that. 

My only beef is a SPOILER: realistically, at the end of the film our hero goes to prison for life. He's a violent repeat offender (who is somehow offered security jobs?) and his evil Aunt lies murdered on his living room floor, PLUS he shows up at the hospital with an unconscious and possibly dying cop that was stabbed in the stomach. 

Sure, bub, the robot duck did it. You have the right to remain silent . . . 

END SPOILER

I grade this one a solid A-



No comments: