google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Our Trip to UWM pt. 2

Search This Blog

Sunday, August 16, 2009

Our Trip to UWM pt. 2

After our walk through the woods we hit a section of campus where I took 80% of my classes. Journalism and History were predominantly taught in the beautiful red brick buildings on the northeast section of campus.

Photobucket

The girls appreciated them for the handicapped ramps - perfect for YaYa's heely's!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Ah, the memories when I stepped foot inside. "It's beautiful, isn't it?" I asked.

"It smells like church," Lulu said, wrinkling her nose.

Photobucket

I showed them the huge lecture hall where took several entry level courses, marvelled at my ability to recall the location of each restroom, and was slightly perplexed at the difficulty I had in finding Holton G90, the room where I took what, seven or eight senior and graduate level courses. But find it we did.

From there, we headed across to the library, and the centerpiece of a kid's memories of the campus, the fountain.

Photobucket

I remember playing in the fountain when my Dad took me to UWM, and the girls love it just as much.

Photobucket

Photobucket

I wanted to get a picture of all of us, but with no one around I did the old Lisa/Dan trick. It ain't a perfect science. (and curse my flat hair. I knew I should have used volumizing mousse that morning!)

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Catch that wicked scar on YaYa's arm? She's got a matching one that runs down the side of her chest, courtesy of a fall out of a tree this summer.

We then headed to the Union to grab something to eat, but the place was shut down nice and tight. You could get in, of course, but there wasn't a scrap of food to be found. However, it was good to see the pool hall (where I'd gone when skipping many a class) was still open.

Photobucket

to be continued . . .

3 comments:

jeanne said...

What a nice walk down memory lane...

Bridgett said...

That looks like a really pretty, well cared for campus. That fountain was pristine!

And man, that is some scar! Ouch!

Ken Riches said...

Glad you had fun going back in time. I used to work at our Union Pool Hall and played a lot of pool and true billiards :o)