google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

 As usual, Junie was up at quarter to seven (AM) Only now, as we are on the verge of leaving for her weekly playgroup, has she fallen asleep for a nap. Which means I either wake her up and invite hell into my life, or disappoint Smiley, who gets off the school bus on Tuesdays yelling "Paygloop today?"

Dangnabbit. Smiley's at my elbow begging to go. Not gonna wake up Junie, I'm too tired to put up with her at the moment. As a sub for the playgroup I offered to take Smiley to the store later to replace some play-dough Junie ruined, but he just looked sad and said he didn't want anymore because Junie would just "woon it". Gotta find some way to rescue this day, I've wasted half of it already.

I've turned the day around (knock on wood) in the past four hours. Met up with my friend Tre & ran an errand with our kids, at long last had our van taken in for service, ironed out some bills, have a turkey & mashed potatoes cooking on the stove, and played w/ the kids outside. I even have a subject for a new article, which I hope to hammer out before the day is through. Yay Dan-Dan.


****

He who allows himself a rest will fade into oblivion - Vasari

****

American Idol pretty much sucked, didn't it? 3 things: Big Mike showed his dickiness by calling Miley "Hannah Montana"; Bowersox wasn't half as good as they gave her credit for, and I hope America keeps Tim Urban just to say FU to the judges. Going home: Urban or Paige.

No comments: