google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

I finished reading "Mockingjay" by Suzanne Collins today. I'd heard this was the darkest of the three books (which it was) and that it 'ruined' the series (it didn't). SPOILERS: I would have preferred if Book 3 didn't devolve into a standard shoot 'em up, but I think the growing realization that the rebellion was just the old gov't in different clothing was an important and mature turn of events. I don't like Katniss' decision to host one final Hunger Games - b.s. is what that was - but I loved the climactic scene of Snow's scheduled execution. And that final exchange between her and Peeta "You love me - real or not real?" was perfect. Grade: B

No comments: