google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Sacre Blue by Christopher Moore

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sacre Blue by Christopher Moore

 Today I finished reading "Sacre Bleu" by Christopher Moore. Per the terms I agreed to when I was given the electronic ARC, I am not allowed to comment on or review the novel until after its publication date. That is bull, esp. since the book was good and deserves some word of mouth advertising. But, c'est la vie. I will say there is a great, almost throw-away line in the book. When his young son asks him to explain the word 'rape', a father asks him if he remembers how he explained that he and his wife "make love". When the son responds that he does, the father says "Well, rape is making hate." Well said.

No comments: