google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: We Need To Talk About Kevin

Search This Blog

Monday, October 15, 2012

We Need To Talk About Kevin

Tonight Lisa and I watched "We Need to Talk About Kevin", a film that follows a woman as she struggles to deal with her son and the school killings he committed. I begged off on this film for months, knowing it would bum me out, and I was right. It is essentially a two hour assault on your soul, and it isn't gentle in the process. My own issues aside, it is a relentless and unapologetic recap of a Bad Seed and his mother, who, even at birth, sensed something was wrong with her child. Lead actress Tilda Swinton has earned rightful acclaim for her portrayal of the mom, but I think the two boys of different ages who played the son deserve the true recognition. I'll grade this an A, with a caveat that you may just slit your wrist in its wake.

No comments: