google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Our Credit Cards Were Cloned!!!

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 5, 2017

Our Credit Cards Were Cloned!!!

As if we needed more problems: our bank card was cloned and physically used in Indiana,  a state we haven't been to since 2005. I froze the card,  drove 20 minutes across town at the request of the bank to get a temporary replacement,  discovered they don't do such a thing,  and drove home.  So,  to recap: account drained,  no bank card to use,  and I have a shitty bank. Yay us

update: Our bank cancelled one of our bank cards  Saturday when I reported the fraud. One.  OF THE TWO.  And not even the one that was cloned! So more charges in Indiana,  driving me from a frightening $15 in the bank when I reported it,  to negative $56. The bank alleges they will review and discipline the employee from Saturday,  but meanwhile I'll have my answer and money within ten business days. FML

update: Although it's paid in full, Junie's upcoming birthday party requires a cc for incidentals. When I spoke to the manager and explained the card situation, she cheerfully suggested using a different card - then acted like I offered to give her a disease when I said we only have the one. I'm 43, my only debt is the mortgage (and in recent years, law school), and that's precisely because we have avoided credit cards since college. What a world.

update: The money taken AFTER the bank failed to turn off the card has been credited to the account. So at least we're not in the red. That's good news.

No comments: