google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 24, 2022

Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

Lu and I took advantage of $5 Tuesdays to check out Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness

I don't know how I feel about it. The visuals were impressive, and there were some great fight scenes and genuine horror - that scene with Black Bolt? Whoa.

But all in all I thought it was chaotic and pointless, like Marvel ordered "a Doctor Strange sequel with a side of Boo!" and they went with whatever storyline they could hang that description on. 

I don't think its a spoiler to mention that the Scarlet Witch is the main villain here, which is my main cry of bulls**t with the film. It isn't, as some writers have said, because it's a "sexist trope" to have a woman go mad with loss. Last time I checked, if that's a trope and not just a genuine human reaction, it's universal to characters of both sexes - see the Punisher, Death Wish, tons of westerns. 

No, my beef is that I thought we settled this dang issue at the end of WandaVision. Bringing her back to regurgitate the same reaction to loss seems . . . stupid. And a waste of a great character. Not to mention it renders the TV series pointless.

 I give this one a C.

No comments: