google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Singles turns 30

Search This Blog

Thursday, June 30, 2022

Singles turns 30

.  

Today marks 30 years – THIRTY YEARS – since the release of the Singles soundtrack. 

Putting aside the impossibility of such a statement, it’s hard to find words to describe the importance of this album to me. 

It is one of the ten records I’d take with me on a deserted island. Other than Nirvana, it features all the major players of the grunge era, and more. It was one of the first group of CD’s I bought with my “introductory offer” at Columbia House Records and Tape. Most importantly, for a young fan eager to prove the band he was passionate about wasn’t a one and done fluke, there were two mighty, glorious new Pearl Jam songs. 

Hearing Breathe and State of Love and Trust was all the proof I needed. 

Happy Birthday Singles soundtrack. May you be played forever.  


No comments: