google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Lenny Von Dohlen

Search This Blog

Saturday, July 9, 2022

Lenny Von Dohlen

 You probably know him best for his role on Twin Peaks. Curiously enough, I know him best for playing a version of the same character in "Dual Spires," an episode of Psych that parodied Twin Peaks

He has passed away at age 64. 




Von Dohlen also holds a special place in my memory for starring in the '80's dramedy Electric Dreams, in which an architect, Von Dohlen, falls for his beautiful musician neighbor, played by Virginia Madsen. Alas, this couple must compete with the jealous emotions of the architect's newly sentient home computer who is intent on driving them apart. 




I loved that movie, and its soundtrack (new original songs, including one by Culture Club!) so much that I went out of my way to track down and buy a cassette tape of the same. I think I may have actually had to special order it at one of the mall music stores. 

Oh, and this has always stuck in my head: the character's solution to earthquake damage: construct building from bricks based on interlocking jigsaw puzzle pieces. 

I've always wondered if that would really work. 

RIP sir. 

No comments: