google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: The 2022 MLB Draft

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 17, 2022

The 2022 MLB Draft



Tonight I watched the 1st Round of the 2022 MLB Draft.

For Father's Day Junie bought me Baseball America's annual draft issue.  I have fond memories of dissecting those issues in years past,  highlighting the bio of prospects I thought were future big leaguers. On the day of the draft I would track the event in notes scribbled on the pages,  identifying where reality differed from the predictions of the writers.

Today I did much the same thing,  this time with Junie watching most of it with me - not by intention, she just wandered in - and asking some good questions.  She even offered to watch the next rounds with me,  although that might have been just a polite social lie. 

The Brewers, with the 28th pick, chose Eric Brown, a shortstop out of Coastal Carolina. BA ranked him the 53rd best prospect in the draft. 

Here's hoping he succeeds.

No comments: