google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: The Multiverse Better be Real

Search This Blog

Friday, March 17, 2023

The Multiverse Better be Real

Remember my humiliation at having to call someone to change my tire the day after Lisa's accident? 

Well when he arrived I went out and talked to him while he changed it, explaining that part of the jack was missing. He didn't care - he flat out said he preferred that I call so he got paid LOL, and we got to chatting. 

Inevitably, as we're standing outside in the cold, snow still falling, me with a flat tire on this car and another car totalled in  a sheriff's lot, and him kneeling in snow to change said tire, we got to bitching about how life is hard far too often. 

"You know, and man, don't laugh at this - but when I was a kid, I used to go through the Sears catalog and pick out what suits I'd wear when I was President." I said. 

"That's weird," he said, "cuz I used to do almost the same thing. I never wanted to be President, but I used to pretend I was Chairman of the Joint Chiefs [of Staff], making a report at the White House." 

"Huh," I said, a little flummoxed at the similar memories. 

"Maybe there's a multiverse for real," I said, "and somewhere out there, right now at this moment, there's a world where I'm the President and you're Chairman of the Joint Chiefs, and Biden and Harris are busy changing a f-ing tire." 

He laughed. "I hope." 

No comments: