google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Yadeem's On the Go

Search This Blog

Sunday, July 16, 2023

Yadeem's On the Go

Early this afternoon Lisa and I ventured all the way out to 88th and Brown Deer Rd, where a R&B festival was taking place, just because we'd heard that Yadeem's had set up a food truck there. 

It's owned and operated by an old high school classmate of Lisa's, Nnamdi Duncan, and we've been wanting to try it for awhile now, both because we love to try new restaurants and because we're happy to support alumni. 



I had a "reverse engineered" stuffed salmon bowl over rice. 


Lisa tried their eggrolls, available in 3 varieties. She chose chicken  & ranch, and gyro. I graciously offered to try her dish, and my lawd - that gyro one! 


I didn't dig the pineapple lemonade but Lisa loved it. 



Now, for desert I oddly agreed to buy 4 crab rangoon from a booth run by a Mom and her middle school daughters; at 4 for $3 it was hard to pass up. But I also wandered back to Nnamdi's truck and bought some of his banana pudding, based off his Grandma Inez's recipe. 



OMG. That banana pudding - and I am NOT a fan of the dish in general - may have been one of the best desserts I've had in my life. I. Am. Not. Kidding. 

It rivaled the creme brule I've had on cruises!

Yadeem's is normally based at 6003 W Fond Du Lac but the food truck is available for both catering and special events. 

It's definitely worth the drive. Check them out!

No comments: