google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Ron's Place

Search This Blog

Wednesday, December 27, 2023

Ron's Place

As I mentioned after the mammoth creation, Lulu and I headed down to Kenosha to deliver both the statue and a dorm fridge she donated to my office. While we were in Kenosha she patiently waited for me to be measured for my suit, then I treated her to a late lunch at Ron's Place, restaurant recommended to me by my coworker Seth. 

I do not recommend the cheddar cheese curds as they are not really curds just small blocks of cheese deep fried. Edible and tasty but they are not cheese curds my friends.

I thought my entree was going to be a similar disappointment. I chose the 5x5 Burger, which is their mainstay and a popular item. But when it came out it looked like nothing more than a burger patty an oversized mediocre looking bun. I will say I was wrong. The burger tasted like it was grilled over charcoal, and the entire sandwich had great flavor the source of which I cannot easily identify. I would order it again.

Meanwhile Lulu ordered a modified club sandwich with onion straws, and a side of french fries. I don't recall what this item is called on the menu but it was mighty tasty too.

If you're in Kenosha and one casual pub food, Ron's Place is definitely worth a stop. 
 

No comments: