google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Grandpa's Day 2024 pt 2 - Alien Romulus

Search This Blog

Saturday, August 17, 2024

Grandpa's Day 2024 pt 2 - Alien Romulus


After the cemetery I drove out to South Shore cinema to meet my friend Seth and catch this movie on its release date. 

I'd been looking forward to this for quite awhile and I was not disappointed.  Set  between the first two films, this is a stand alone thriller about a group of young miners on a miserable colony world that seek to escape to a better life. They find their chance when a derelict space station appears in orbit, and they head out to raid it for the supplies for the long trip. Unfortunately,  the station has a few surprises in store for them, namely,  the xenomorphs.

I did think the movie started a little slow,  although I appreciated the world building.  From the moment they find the face hugger tho, it's off to the races, and the director never let off on the gas.  

The visuals are superb, the effects are practical rather than just all greenscreen, and there are plenty of Easter eggs referencing the other films in the franchise.  

The best part,  for me,  was the final fifteen minutes.  No spoilers, but that was some F'd Up S**t, and genuinely creepy. Yikes.

Grade: A

Afterwards I stopped at the airport Rocky Rococo, to order a slice of pizza - 39 years to the day I went there with my Grandma on Grandpa's Day of 85. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Feel free to comment without signing in if you like, but please leave your name in the comment. Thanks for reading!