google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: The Switch & Rise of the Planet of the Apes

Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

The Switch & Rise of the Planet of the Apes

I Redoxed "Rise of the Planet of the Apes" today but watched only 40 minutes before  returning it. Maybe I'll give it another go at a later time, but I was put off by the performance capture technology used to create Caesar. Sometimes I want to watch a movie, not a glorified cartoon. Grade: Incomplete  

OTOH, I rented Jennifer Aniston/Justin Bateman's "The Switch" merely to appease the Mrs. and wound up enthralled by a touching, intelligent romantic comedy. If you didn't go Awwww" during the scene where Wally takes care of Sebastian's lice you have no soul. Grade: a hearty A

No comments: