google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Guardians of the Galaxy

Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 5, 2014

Guardians of the Galaxy

I took Smiley to see Guardians of the Galaxy tonight. It was sci-fi just the way I like it: epic, fun, and free of any of that "science" stuff. 

Some points: 

1. Way too many previews - perhaps 15 or 20 minutes worth. Blech. Of the trailers we saw I'm eager to see Interstellar and the new Annie. 

2. Grade school classmate Jim Knap was at the movie with his family. Good to see him!

3. I liked the movie, but I think it falls short of the hype I've heard from people here on FB. The top Marvel movie of all time? Nuh-uh. For me, it doesn't even crack the top four. 

4. Total cost for two tickets and two popcorns? Zilch, courtesy of the Marcus Theatres rewards program!

No comments: