google.com, pub-4909507274277725, DIRECT, f08c47fec0942fa0 Slapinions: Star Wars Question

Search This Blog

Friday, October 6, 2023

Star Wars Question

In my childhood I was gifted a hardcover sci-fi short story anthology that featured an excerpt from the novelization of Star Wars by George Lucas/Alan Dean Foster. As I recall, it was from their time on the Death Star, and it was illustrated with sketches that were either drawn a) by someone who'd never seen the movie or b) by someone really careful to avoid recreating the movie designs for legal reasons.

I mention that the book was hardcover, but as I recall the dark cover was oddly glossy.  For some reason now lost to my subconscious, I think the book may have been published in England. 

Does anyone know what this collection was called? Does anyone know where I can find a list of collections that were authorized to excerpt the novelization? 

No comments: